Thursday, February 14, 2013

Oh and also in December, my kids were kind enough to bring home 2 virus' and strep throat.  It is funny how they do not seem to come down with this stuff, but mom does.  So, I spent 3 weeks either puking, on the potty, or spraying my throat with numbing spray.  Sorry for the details, but as a mother, talking about pooping and puking is just part of our everyday life.  Glad that I finally got myself well for the rest of the month and thankfully the end of December was fairly non-eventful.

As January rolled around, I was in better spirits and ready for what a new year would bring.  Well, what it brought was the death of one of my family members.  Yep, a cousin that I grew up with died towards the end of January.  This death is so significant as it brought back a flood of memories of my childhood and all that came with it.  I found myself a bit more anxious and realized that I would once again need move through the old demons to continue to move ahead.

It is now February, particularly Valentine's Day and I am so thankful for those who I have in my life now, and so thankful for those who I had in my life who have gone on to the next chapter of their lives.  

Life is not certain.  Today of all days, make sure you tell those in your life that you love them.  Give them a big hug and don't let go until you have to:)


No comments:

Post a Comment