Friday, April 8, 2011

Chapter Six - A Letter from the Police Chief

     As life perked along and I somehow managed to graduate from high school with a very high GPA and a very low self esteem. It was time to look at what options I had for college and trust me I wanted to get as far away from home as I could.  I looked at several possibilities but realized that I needed to go to a State College since I would be getting student loans to put myself through.   My main objective was to find a school near the beach.  No, I am not kidding.  I love the beach so much that my two main criterion was that it was far from Douglasville and it had easy access to the beach.  The one college that kept popping up with Valdosta State.  I applied and I was accepted immediately.   

    I enjoyed being away at school and having a small taste of freedom, but after my first year away, I realized that I missed all of my friends and that the costs of school, as to include tuition, living expenses, and books, etc...that I would need to come home and finish my education.  I did not want to be so far in debt that I would be paying for school for years to come.  With that being said, I moved back and enrolled at Georgia State University.

   I know that my first year of college is fairly random to add at this juncture in the book, but it leads me up to how and why I was living and working back in the Atlanta area and how I ended up responding to my brothers plea for help.  The events that took place that evening still amaze me today but luckily we got out of the mess with not too much collateral damage.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment