Monday, April 11, 2011

Chapter Seven - A Wedding Album

It appears that the memories and unpacking so far has been events that are tragic, heartfelt and just plain ol' sad.  So I thought I would dig around in my case and see if I could pull out something that would have some happy memories.  As I did this and felt around on the right side of the suitcase, I pulled out a wedding album. 

It was 1986 and I met the man that I would marry.  I was so happy and so looking forward to our life together.  We dated for about a year and a half and then were married.  It was a fabulous wedding and the first 10 years were filled with fun, adventure, success, friends and travel.  I will focus some of the next chapter on the good times.  I will then move into the not so good times.  I will examine my inability to see things clearly until the marriage was over.  I will also look back and realize that maybe those first ten years were not as wonderful as I first recollected and that after some serious soul searching and self awareness, I slowly saw that I had put on the same type of performance that I had as a child and protected this man until I could cover for him no more.   This is the story of Carr and Patty...

No comments:

Post a Comment