Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The First Chapter

For several years, I have stewed over the thought of writing a book about the trials, traumas, joys and blessings in my life but kept asking myself "why would anyone want to read about me?"  What do I have to offer?  Is my life so different from others?  Does anyone really care?  How will I know it is time?

Well, today I went to visit a intuitive counselor (a psychic) as I would like to call her so that my friends and family will quit rolling their eyes and telling me that all clarvoyants are fakes.  I had gone to see her about ten years ago and she told me then that I would write a book that would be on everyone's coffee table (yeah right).  This advice has stuck in my head for many, many years and as I sat in front of her again today, she said "it is time to write your book."

With that being said, I have decided that today is the day to begin.  I am going to post some thoughts each day and hopefully will get some feedback and ideas from you.  I am going to slowly unpack my "suitcase" that I have been lugging around with me for years.  Each chapter will be comprised of one thing that I unpack and how that has played out in my life.   This blog is a precursor to the book and each chapter in the book will be summarized by a small chapter summary on the blog.  The book will hopefully complete each story referenced in the blog.

So stay tuned because in the next few days, I will unpack the first item and we will go from there...Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment